> Also, Microsoft recommends against putting objects in ASP's
> application scope, since the object is sucking resources
> the entire time (it's actually more efficient to instantiate
> and release multiple times).

You're right about MS recommending against storing COM objects persistently
in ASP Applications or Sessions, but I think that the best solution for this
in "classic" ASP is to use MTS to manage those objects, rather than simply
creating and destroying the objects from ASP as needed. MTS will manage the
creation and destruction of COM objects more efficiently than the ASP app
can by itself, although the COM objects have to be written so that they can
be managed in MTS.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/
voice: (202) 797-5496