Why do you need a different name for each department?

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 06/11/02 02:39PM >>>
Hello, quick question.

What is bad about your whole site, using the same CFAPPLICATION name?
        Right now I'm going to possibly have a CFAPP. name for each
department.
        I validate users in the root CFAPP.  and have to copy
validation
variables to the CFAPP. the user whiches to go to.
If I used only 1 CFAPP. I would not have to copy varables across
CFAPPS.

-----Original Message-----
From: Mike Brunt [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, June 11, 2002 1:41 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: RE: How do Client Var Behave

This is an interesting thread, (as they all are).  If you are going to
make
something span <CFAPPLICATIONS it is probably logical and sensible to
design
it to span servers (for clustering/fail-over etc.)  I would not use
the
Server scope for client vars, just my opinion.

Would it not be more logical to store Client vars in a database and
use
Cookies to store id etc information at the client end.  Your only
gotcha
here is to make sure that you set the datasource name in all
Applications
and/or Servers preferably using the Request scope.  That is of course
assuming the database is on a separate box accessible to all
<CFAPPLICATIONS
and Servers.  This should also work even if all was on one box and
clustering was not requied.

Kind Regards - Mike Brunt, CTO
Webapper
http://www.webapper.com