Be aware that this isn't a bug - or even an issue (grin). If you know
what you are doing, this could be pretty powerful. For example, if
working with a structure in the request scope, something like:

request.moo.jedi.coo.cows.moo.dogs.bark.cats.barf.jacob.lynn

You can create a temp ref by using assignment. This will save you a few
hours of typing. ;)

Raymond Camden, ColdFusion Jedi Master for Macromedia

Email    : [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Yahoo IM : morpheus