With DHTML, it's butt simple. For IE, it's _extremely_ easy. If you
assign a div id to the text, I believe you can just do this in JS:

divname.innerHTML = "";

I'm a bit rusty when it comes to DHTML/JS, so you may want to check the
docs - but it is possible.

The other solution is - once your long process is done, save the results
in cache (application scope, session scope, whatever), cflocation to
another page and display the result there. Oh - wait - you can't
cflocate - well, you can use JS to push the user.

Raymond Camden, ColdFusion Jedi Master for Macromedia

Email    : [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Yahoo IM : morpheus