> I love this crap where relating simple experience leads to mass
> assumption of incompetence. It happened the last time I posted
> on this topic. I should learn.

Well, I can't speak for others, but I don't think I said you were
incompetent. In fact, the problem may be that you're too competent.

Let's say I'm a stock car racer, and you ask me "how fast is it safe to
drive?" I might say, "well, I clock 150mph on an off day." While I might be
competent to do that, though, it would hardly be sound advice for most
drivers. (Although I really, really wish that people would drive a LITTLE
faster when they're in the LEFT LANE, for crying out loud.)

The core of my argument against your position is that the use of that
option, while it may work well for you, may not work so well for other
developers.

> =================================
> WARNING: Enabling the SINGLE THREADED APPLICATION option in the
> ColdFusion Administrator will lead to obvious and massive criticism
> and career degradation. To be safe, use CFLOCK around each reference
> to anything that may be seen by more than one person.
>
> *The preceding dogma has been certified safe by the CF-LIST
> Monocultural Philosophy Committee. Deviation from The Philosophy
> is punishable by ridicule.

That's cute. But I'm sure you're aware that you take that risk any time you
support an unpopular position, for reasons that have little or nothing to do
with the validity of your position. A search of the archives for "Fusebox"
will demonstrate that.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/
voice: (202) 797-5496