I'm not sure you can validate then at all except for the number of digits.  Here's
some info:

     The digits in the Social Security number allow for the orderly assignment of
numbers. The number is divided into
three parts: the area, group and serial numbers. The first three (3) digits (area) of
a person's social security number
are determined by the ZIP Code of the mailing address shown on the application for a
social security number. See
http://www.ssa.gov/foia/stateweb.html for more information.

      Within each area, the group number (middle two (2) digits) range from 01 to 99
but are not assigned in consecutive
order. For administrative reasons, group numbers issued first consist of the ODD
numbers from 01 through 09 and then
EVEN numbers from 10 through 98, within each area number allocated to a State. After
all numbers in group 98 of a
particular area have been issued, the EVEN Groups 02 through 08 are used, followed by
ODD Groups 11 through 99.

      Within each group, the serial numbers (last four (4) digits) run consecutively
from 0001 through 9999.

      Further information about Social Security Numbers that are currently assigned is
available on SSA's website at
http://www.ssa.gov/foia/highgroup.htm.

HTH,

--