> On nix systems it's a little more straight forward to turn
> off services for production environment like RDS, Charting
> or anything else if you don't use...

While I admit that Unix systems are generally easier to manage in many
respects, I don't see how it can be any simpler to stop those services from
running than it is on Windows. You simply go to the list of services, and
set each to manual or disable it. However, I haven't played much with CF MX
on any Unix yet. On Windows, you only get three services for CF MX:

ColdFusion MX Application Server
ColdFusion MX ODBC Agent
ColdFusion MX ODBC Server

RDS and graphing are no longer provided by separate services. If you want to
disable RDS, you have to edit the appropriate configuration file within the
\cfusionmx directory. I suspect the same is true with graphing. Is this
different under Unix for CF MX?

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/
voice: (202) 797-5496