It is tags.
Perhaps there is another way to approach this. The website uses a standard
CF template that includes 3 other templates using CFInclude (top, footer,
bar) plus one with the content that is always different. The Content
template querys are different, layout is different, some are lists, other
based on a row in table. As Matthew said I could put all the content
templates in a folder and reference them by templateID. I have 400 such
content templates, so I'm trying to figure out a way to keep things
manageable.

Any advice is really welcome

Mike
NZERN National Office
Mail: PO Box 9000, Christchurch
(03) 338-5451
E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.bush.org.nz

It does sound a bit clumsy. I guess the question to the original poster is
what type of CF code is he going to store. If its not tags, then no problem.
And placing it in the DB simply involves escaping the pound signs (using ##)
so that the function/variable is not evaluated yet.