At 03:18 AM 6/26/2002 -0400, you wrote:
> >   However, many people use the application scope for things that I don't
> > consider good ideas (such as a datasource varaible).
>
>Can you elaborate?

  In the example I specified, a datasource variable.

  First you have to put it into an application variable, so code similar to
this goes into the Application.cfm :

<cflock>
  <cfif isDefined("Application.dsn")>
   <cfset application.dsn = "mydatasource">
  </cfif>
</cflock>

  Now you have to lock all your query statements every time you reference
the variable:

<cflock>
  <cfquery datasource="#application.dsn#">

   </cfquery>
</cflock>

   In this case, you have added additional locking code, which takes
additional processing time, with no real added benefit for storing the
datasource information in an application variable.

--
Jeffry Houser | mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Need a Web Developer?  Contact me!