I need one of two things from the experts here.  Either a way to do an MD5
check on a file that doesn't require reading the whole file in to memory or
a way to stop this code from either not successfully reading the output
files from the <cfexecute> or worse rebooting the server because an
exception is caught.

The goal here is to copy a set of directories across an NFS mount on a Linux
system and make sure all the bits made it across unmolested.  I am using
<cf_local_to_local> to do the copy.

I have tried various tricks to put a wait after the executes and before the
read but that doesn't seem to help either unless the wait is ridiculously
long and when I am copying thousands of files I can't afford five seconds
between writes.

<cfexecute name="/usr/bin/md5sum"
arguments="/topdir/abc/abc/abc/12345678/XYZ.pdf"
outputfile="/topdir/cde/cde/abc/ck1.cfadm"/>
<cfexecute name="/usr/bin/md5sum"
arguments="/topdir/cde/cde/abc/12345678/XYZ.pdf"
outputfile="/topdir/cde/cde/abc/ck2.cfadm"/>

<cffile action="READ" file="/topdir/cde/cde/abc/ck1.cfadm" variable="ck1">

<cffile action="READ" file="/topdir/cde/cde/abc/ck2.cfadm" variable="ck2">
<cfoutput>#ck2#</cfoutput>

<cfset ck1 = Left(ck1, Find(" /", ck1))>
<cfset ck2 = Left(ck2, Find(" /", ck2))>

<cfset x = compare(ck1, ck2)>

|#ck1#|<br>
|#ck2#|</cfoutput>

Thanks,