> Can anybody help me do one of two things:
>
> A.) Make a call from a JavaScript function to a function
> written in CFScript,
> Or
> B.) Reference form elements (before a submission) in CFScript,
> like JavaScript does. Example:
> myform.mystring.innerText=myform.mystring2.innerText will
> copy the value of a text input to another.
>
> Can I do either of these?

No, not exactly. CFSCRIPT, like any other CFML code, runs on your server,
not in the browser. As such, it'll be run before the browser receives any
client-side instructions such as HTML or JavaScript. The only way you can
send data from JavaScript to the server is to programmatically instruct the
browser to request another page.

However, you can get the general effect that you want by using multiple
frames, or by using images as "data pipes"
(http://www.depressedpress.com/DepressedPress/Content/ColdFusion/Essays/GIFA
sPipe/Index.cfm), or by using JavaScript to invoke functionality within the
browser that lets you programmatically request a page
(http://www.fusionscript.com/).

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/
voice: (202) 797-5496