At 01:18 PM 7/5/2002 -0400, you wrote:
> >   I would recommend lowercasing CF tags.  This will make it consistent
> >with
> >XHTML.
> >   For more information, look here <http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/#diffs>
> >   I also (personally) think that all lowercase words are easier to read
> >than words in all uppercase.
>
>While I agree that all lower case words are easier on the eyes that all
>upper case, I've really never understood people who advocate your first
>argument.

  The only single reasoning I can offer is for consistency with other
standards.  ColdFusion Servers don't care (as you state).

>As a side note, I think you might run into the problem with custom tags by
>putting a trailing slash at the end of the call where the tag gets run
>twice. I could be wrong, but I thought I remember seeing that happen before.
>For example:
>
><cf_mytag attribute1="value"1 />

  You bring up a very valid point, but it depends on the custom tag.  You
can write a custom tag to perform differently in regards to start and end
tags.  A custom tag written to perform different actions based on whether
the start or end tag is being processed.  If the tag is written as such,
the above example will perform as expected.  However, in my experience that
is the exception, not the rule.

--
Jeffry Houser | mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Need a Web Developer?  Contact me!