Hmm... well wouldn't that remove what is currently being built in the list?
(It is only one custom tag, calling itself).

Paul Giesenhagen
QuillDesign

> I'll admit that I didn't read your email completely, but could it be
> that you need to clear thisTag.GeneratedContent in one of your custom
> tags, or maybe a loop has a funny index?
>
> Jamie
>
> On Mon, 8 Jul 2002 22:24:11 -0500, in cf-talk you wrote:
>
> >I have a custom tag (code below) that I am calling upon itself to grab
all of the departments in the db and building lists such as:

> >Men's Clothing
> >Men's Clothing/Shirts
> >Men's Clothing/Shirts/Long Sleeve
> >Men's Clothing/Shirts/ShortSleeve
> >Men's Clothing/Pants
> >Women's Clothing
> >Women's Clothing/Shirts
> >ect..
> >
> >The problem with this tag is that the VERY LAST output doubles ... so in
the example above Women's Clothing/Shirts would be listed twice (if it were
the last one)  It is always the last record.

> >Can anyone see where the problem lies?
> >
> >Sorry for the looong code but it is the only way to figure this one out.
> >
> >============ Code ====================
> >
> ><cfif IsDefined("request.catalog_list") Is "No">
> > <cfset request.catalog_list = ArrayNew(1)>
> ></cfif>
> >
> ><cfparam name="attributes.table" default="#prefs.department_table#">
> >
> ><!--- this is the list that we're building.  Prefixing it with 'request'
means that any custom tag at any level of execution has access to it.  Think
of it as a temporary application variable. --->
> ><cfparam name="request.catalog_list" default="">
> >
> ><!--- this is the value each instance of this custom tag will use to
decide what elements it's looking for out of the database.  The default
value is 'index' since that's your designation for the top of the catalog
tree. --->
> ><cfparam name="attributes.owner" default="#prefs.indexid#">
> >
> ><!--- this is the value each instance of this custom tag will preface
values it adds to the listing with. Because the database only contains each
item's immediate parent/child value, we have to pass this forward. --->
> ><cfparam name="attributes.path" default="">
> >
> ><!--- go get the children for the base owner value we're supposed to be
looking for --->
> ><cfquery datasource="#prefs.dsn#" name="getChildren">
> > SELECT f.owner, f.sub_object, d.id, d.title
> > FROM #prefs.fusion_table# f, #attributes.table# d
> > WHERE f.sub_object = d.id
> > AND f.owner = '#attributes.owner#'
> > AND f.type = 'department'
> > ORDER BY d.title, f.sub_object
> ></cfquery>
> >
> ><!--- Loop over the children of the main owner value.  Our one and only
loop. --->
> ><cfloop query="getChildren">
> >
> > <cfparam name="request.count" default="0">
> > <cfset request.count = request.count + 1>
> >
> > <!--- add the path from the index to this location in the tree in front
of the name of this sub-object --->
> > <cfset variables.thisitempath = "#attributes.path#/#getChildren.title#">
> > <cfset request.catalog_list[request.count] = StructNew()>
> > <cfset request.catalog_list[request.count].tree =
variables.thisitempath>
> > <cfset request.catalog_list[request.count].id = getChildren.sub_object>
> > <!--- Add an item to our list of catalog departments --->
> > <cfset temp = ArrayAppend(request.catalog_list,
request.catalog_list[request.count])>
> >    <!--- call this file again, but this time tell it to take a look at
the next level down.  if there's anything under this department, it will get
added to the tree in sequence. --->