I'm not sure what you mean by your question. Rewrite their existing expressions from
what? Perl? Maybe. The new syntax is very Perl-like.

------
The ? is a new 'command' in MX RegEx that tells the previous special character to only
operate as many times as needed but not more. For example,
string = "this is a test"
[a-z]+ will match the whole string
[a-z]+? will match "t"
The t is the minimum amount that will satisfy the + modifier.