Mike,

You could try Kitty Cat Permissions, available at
http://www.kittycatonline.com/is/where/you/are/at/index.cfm/fuseaction/showa
rticle/article_id/13

At a recent UKCFUG meeting I have heard of a project which is going to be
taken open source which allows site's to be 'skinned' and drop in new sites
to inherit the security model - no further new's as yet though.

Incidently, if you're using fb3 to put it simply you could change your app
structure to look like:

Root
Root/loginlogout
Root/secure
Root/secure/main

And then in your root/secure fbx_settings test for the existance of your
session variable else return them to login/logout. Any circuit/pages beneath
root/secure would then have to pass the test of the session var existing in
order to proceed,

HTH,

John.