The approach that I would take is to remove CF from the picture. Do a
simple html form posting to an html page and see if you get the same
'RePost' results for apache and IIS. If so, MX is not the culprit. You
might also check to see if CF influences the headers while you perform
this test by comparing the headers below.

Depending on your results, the next step would be to try to alter the
server headers to see if you can get the RePost problem by changing the
headers of the CF5 machine line-by-line into those of the CFMX machine.

Matt

OpenSSL/0.9.6b
> DAV/1.0.3 PHP/4.1.2 mod_perl/1.26
> Status_Code     200
> Transfer-Encoding       chunked
> content-length  0
>
> ---------------------
> This is CF5/IIS --- backsup WITHOUT forcing a RePost
> ---------------------
> CONTENT-TYPE text/html
> DATE Thu, 11 Jul 2002 08:46:59 GMT
> EXPLANATION OK
> HTTP_VERSION HTTP/1.1
> PAGE-COMPLETION-STATUS Normal
> SERVER Microsoft-IIS/5.0
> STATUS_CODE 200
>

> At 07:52 PM 7/10/02, you wrote:
> >You can see the headers by getting CF to display them after doing a
CFHTTP.
> >Try this
> >
> >Put the following code in a file in the web  root:
> >

> >Then place a file called x.cfm in the web root, that just does
something
> >simple like
> ><cfset x=Form.test>
> >

> >Then run the first file. You should get a dump of the HTTP headers
that were
> >sent back. What headers do you get?
> >
> >Cheers,
> >Mark
> >

> >>From: Brian Scandale <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> >>To: CF-Talk <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> >>Subject: RE: CFMX caching...
> >>Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2002 10:52:25 -0700
> >>
> >>Just noticed that the included header from my last post was stripped
out
> >>because it contained a cut and paste of the header...
htlm,javascript and
> >>all... I'll try again with the javascript pulled out and the tags
mangled.

> >>----- the top of the file with the header ----
> >>!-- Application -->
> >>html>head>
> >>title>WIPtrac - WORK IN PROCESS Mfg Execution Systems/title>
> >>link rel="STYLESHEET" type="text/css" href="msie.css">
> >>meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html;
charset=iso-8859-1">
> >>/head>
> >>body leftmargin="0" topmargin="0" onLoad="firstFocus()">
> >>
> >>just a normal looking header section.

> >>started.

but now