The big issue with IDE v. SCSI is that with IDE the system CPU handles the
I/O and therefore creates additional load.  If your application is not
difference, however if it is or should you have to rebuild one of the disks
in your array do to a failure, your system will slow to a crawl.  I have
found that servers are pretty unusable while an IDE RAID is rebuilding.

Justin