On Tue, 16 Jul 2002 09:50:24 -0400, "Dave Carabetta"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>Are there any reliable alternatives for using CFHTTP on Unix (in my case,
>Solaris, but migrating to Linux in the near future)? I need to pass large
>WDDX packets to a Python server extensively, and CFHTTP is just not an
>adequate, scalable solution. Time is also a big factor, so "rolling my own"
>just isn't in the cards for now.

I vaguely recall seeing a Java CFX called CFX_Sockets (or some such)
that I suppose works under Linux. Never used it however, so I can't
say for certain.

>I've seen Lewis Seller's TCPClient tag, but I don't believe it works in a
>non-Windows environment. (Please let me know if I'm wrong on this)

Nope. Windows only. However, come version 3.x I do plan on porting it
to linux/freebsd finally (just so people will stop bugging me about it
:).  However, this does you no good whatsoever, as I have tenatively
scheduled myself to work on 3.x around the Winter of 2002.

(If any one wants to send me an old Solaris machine I suppose I could
port it to that as well. Haven't the slightest use for one otherwise.)

>I'm using CF 4.5 SP2 right now, but will also be upgrading that in a month
>or so (either to 5 or MX, still up in the air).

So far MX seems to me, as they say, *evil*. Nice new features, but
some of the cirtical old ones just plain don't work. :)

--min