While I'm waiting for some help desk people to get back in touch with me, I
wanted to send this question to the list:

We upgraded our test server to CFMX (finally) and run ActivePDF on just
about every site on the server (PDF is a standard over here).  When we
upgraded CFMX totally botched the COM object calls.  Even though they appear
to be normal (and are unchanged):

<CFOBJECT
ACTION="Create"
TYPE="COM"
CLASS=APSERVER.Object
NAME="APServer">

We're running into this error:
"An exception occurred during method selection process for Method
OUTPUTDIRECTORY The cause of this exception was that there are no methods
with the specified method name and argument types."

Where CFMX doesn't recognize the methods for the object.

I understand from talking to Dave Watts among others that CFMX has a hard
time creating mappings from com to Java.  The knowledge base articles talk
about writing Java Stubs and other people suggested Windows Script Host or
VB wrappers.  Personally I think that's an insane workaround for one of the
more common tags in CF.  To me the whole point of CFOBJECT is so you don't
have to learn and write vb or wsh to call windows objects, so writing a
wrapper seems like Macromedia's way of deprecating cfobject.

Thanks for any help!

Don

Don