From: Michael Dinowitz [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, July 16, 2002 1:28 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Re: Writing efficient CFIF statements

Actually, the main problem with using IIF() now is that few people know how
to use it right. The double evaluation issue, using DE vs. double quoting,
etc. I'm going to have to revise my paper on it and get it out there again.
:)
http://www.fusionauthority.com/iif.cfm

> I wouldn't declare it dead for the sake of readability.  That above
> anything is a good reason not to use it.
>
> ~Todd
>
> On Tue, 16 Jul 2002, Michael Dinowitz wrote:
>
> > I really wish that people using my documents (originally posted in
issues of FA) put down where they got the information from. I see chunks of
information on that page taken directly from me.
> > Now as for IIS() under MX. I've tested it heavily and there is literally
no difference speed wise between IIF and CFIF. Counting on the run, you can
see the numbers change in the .001 millisecond range which is nothing at
all, especially as the numbers change for both and there is no clear
pattern.
> > That being said, I declare that the "best practice" of not using IIF()
is dead as of MX.