Find a Java book from your favorite publishing company that has a chapter on
Java Beans.  Really, I'm not kidding, you can't write more than a chapter or
two on the Java Bean Spec.

I'll give you the basics (which is like 90% of the spec :)

You have to specify any init method that instantiates the object.

You must have getXXX() and setXXX() methods that allow you to access the
data within the object.

Ok, there you go.  You should be able to introspec the bean to list the
getXXX and setXXX methods.  There should be javadocs, or some other form of
documentation with any half-decent third party product.

As for integrating with CF: Instantiate the bean.  Call the public methods
on the bean.

Want to know the other 10%?  Beans exist because of Remote Method Invocation
(RMI)

EJBs are another sort of spec, much different than Java Beans.

> I don't think most CF developers are going to care
> to learn every Java concept to find out either, because then they
> would be Java developers.

Well, you're asking about a Java topic.  And Java Beans is about .00001% of
what Sun provides with the J2SE SDK.  There's a TON of stuff that CFMX
shields/hides/makes inaccessible from you.  Trust me, you're not even close
to being a "Java developer" just because you know what a Java Bean is.