Well Barry if you look at who are the really big players in the
commercial Java world you have

BEA with WebLogic
http://www.actionscript.org/press/archives/000135.shtml

IBM with Websphere
http://whitepapers.techrepublic.com.com/abstract.aspx?docid=134896&promo=400222&kw=ColdFusion
http://www-03.ibm.com/press/us/en/pressrelease/509.wss
http://www-03.ibm.com/press/us/en/pressrelease/768.wss

and SUN themselves
http://www.sun.com/emrkt/innercircle/newsletter/spotlight0203.html
http://www.sun.com/smi/Press/sunflash/2002-04/sunflash.20020429.2.xml
http://www.sun.com/smi/Press/sunflash/2002-06/sunflash.20020619.3.xml
http://www.sun.com/smi/Press/sunflash/2003-06/sunflash.20030605.3.xml

all of whom have offical support in the ColdFusion world. Not sure how
you can argue against that.
http://www.macromedia.com/software/coldfusion/productinfo/systemreqs/
http://www.javalobby.org/articles/coldfusion/
http://cfdj.sys-con.com/read/42036.htm