Kym makes a good point.

The main advantage of external css files is the ability to cache the css and share it with other pages. And if caching is no longer part of the equation Carl, why have an external css at all? Why not just embed it in every page and avoid the whole issue?

Blair

On 5/27/06, Kym Kovan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi Carl,

Coming in a bit late on this but responding to your last comment:

Carl Vanderpal wrote:
> So if I am still missing something please let me know..or if someone
> has done this before by doing a
> <link type=text/css href="">
A major issue with dynamic style sheets is caching. Browsers cache style
sheets by default the same way that they cache images so you can have
the same CF page pretending to be a style sheet but spitting out
different styles every time its hit and the browser will ignore
everything after the first hit! Not what is wanted :-(  You will need to
add a <cfheader tag at the top of the "style sheet" with a Last-modified
of Now() or something similar for the browser to pick up the style sheet
every time.

Add to that that some (older) browsers barf at the idea of a css file
not having the extension of ".css"....

All in all tho it should work so if it isn't show us some code or a URL :-)

Kym K