The only thing I can think of to throw in there off the top of my head is to open the offending cfm files in a couple of different editors.  I say this because I had a similar issue once before and I ultimately (accidentally) discovered that the editor i was using at the time wasn't displaying a certain character properly so I couldn't see that it was there.

cheers,
Toby