Another post from the User Group Manager list. None of the text below
is mine.
fyi ... following are excerpts from this link:
www.publish.com/article2/0,1895,1977422,00.asp

Adobe Announces Resignation of President, Stephen Elop, who was
formerly CEO of Macromedia.

Adobe also announced that its quarterly profit fell 18 percent due to
charges related to its acquisition of Macromedia. Adobe also cut its
financial forecast for the rest of 2006.

The promise of Adobe's merger with Macromedia was the integration of
Web, print and publishing software. Adobe has yet to release any
software that reflects this integration.

The official press release is here:
www.adobe.com/aboutadobe/pressroom/pressreleases/200606/061506StephenElop.html

I had liked knowing that former MM people were in senior positions.  My
guess is that in Silicon Valley Stephen is a hot property and we are
likely to see him recruited for a start up or other fast growth company.