Hey everyone,

I have been having a discussion for the last couple of days with a
fellow programmer here. And the way we write functions and call them.
Can you give me the pros and cons for the following;

function initialise(id)
                {
                        if(isDefined("id") EQ false)   { return; }

                        CandidateDataAccess =
createObject('component','CandidateDataAccess');
                        CandidateInstance =
CandidateDataAccess.Candidate_Get(id);

                        if ( isDefined('CandidateInstance.CandidateId') )
                        {
                                this.CandidateId =
candidateInstance.CandidateId;
                                this.Firstname = candidateInstance.Firstname;
                                this.Lastname = candidateInstance.Lastname;
                                return true;
                        }
                        else  { return false; }
                }

OR

<cffunction name="CandidateDataAccess" access="remote"
returntype="any">
    <cfargument name="id" type="numeric">

       REST OF THE FUNCTION AS PER ABOVE

</cffunction>