> You could use the GetHttpRequestData()

thanx Joel, I forgot that. I'll see if the vars are somewhere (perhaps
not put in CGI scope with CF7)

> and just doing a cfdump will not necesarily show all the values
available in it.

very true, Darren. I'm specifically looking for those CGI variables,
not only a dump. things like

CGI.HTTP_MYORG_FULL_NAME
CGI.HTTP_MYORG_EMAIL_ADDR

etc.

remember, I can see these vars on the 6.1 server just fine.

> Have you tried avoiding IIS altogether?

Peter, not an option. the big player in this is the ISAPI filter that
does the AD lookup, lets not complicate the issue too much, eh -
stick with apples to compare with and not cumquats?

and as I said, ASP.NET (to show the values are there and the ISAPI
filter is doing it job) on both machines hasn't a problem (they're
v1.1 and 2.0 - no difference)

I haven't ruled out that there's some mischief with the ISAPI filter
that CF7 is balking at and CF6.1 tollerates but accessing the
variables in whatever platform is so straightforward I really doubt
that that's it.

thanx ppl. the mystery continues....