> if CF8 has some extra OO stuff (which it should) then you might regret using
> a framework at all. But even with the current model, you can do proper cfc
> development.

Huh?

You mean better OO stuff like Java has? A lot of J2EE development is
still done using frameworks, so I don't think the "full OO
functionality = don't need a framework" logic really follows.

You are right in saying that a good custom solution will work - sure
it will, but I don't think that is an argument against frameworks.

I think the bottom line is as other people have said - the right tool
for the job. I'm not religious about specific frameworks, I just think
that in my experience using a decent framework has helped me make a
better end product.

--
Mark Stanton
Gruden Pty Ltd