From: cfaussie@googlegroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf
Of Barry Beattie
Sent: Wednesday, 26 July 2006 12:35 PM
To: cfaussie@googlegroups.com
Subject: [cfaussie] Re: CF to ASP programmer wanted

christophe

that's not quite true

both ASP and ASP.NET use SQL as a string in a command (you can throw
the SQL string straight at a connection object without a command
object being used). there's issues about single quotes and
concatenation as well as parameters. cfqueryparam is heaven on a
stick...

But I suspect what Cookie is after is more the experiance in using
ADO/ADO/NET

eg:
connection objects
command    ""
recordset     "" (ADO/ASP)
dataset       "" (ADO.NET/ASP.NET)
parameter    ""

Cookie, it might be worth clarifying if this is for ASP (vb script) or
ASP.NET (C# or VB.NET)

(sorry, the gig ain't for me at the moment)