Also, must be able to read long emails ;) heheh

On 8/9/06, M@ Bourke <[EMAIL PROTECTED] > wrote:
Hi All,

I'm posting on here as it's more of a check for interest before an official cfjobs posting.
Sorry if you find it off topic.

Anyway,
our IT manager has asked me to hunt down some more Aussies and to post on our mailing lists.
So.... does anyone want to move to the UK and work with me?
if so give us a buzz if ya interested

I don't want to say company name etc as I don't want this gmail email appearing when a client does a google search for the company name.

---------------------------
Brief info on the company (please note I'm not a guru on the company so I could be slightly off on a factoid or 2)

Telecommunications industry.
25-ish cf devs, somewhere from 10 to 20 of those do flex.
Hell would freeze over twice and defrost each time then freeze over again before management would want to move away from CF.
Enterprise market company, we have adobe (regularly) come in and do product demos (just like at WebDU) to us (good to see of adobe).
whole team is young and into sports so if that's your thing, you'll fit in. (age is no barrier and neither is sportiness).
Strong company, revenue/profit has grown at around 100% a year for the last 5 years!!.

---------------------------------

Skills you'll need
CF
CFC's
Fusebox (yes fusebox is the greatest framework, so get with it.)
SQL
friendly team oriented person, someone who can openly discuss/debate with the team and doesn't believe that there way is the best/only way. The person should want to use a specific technology because they believe its in the companies/sites/teams interest and not because it'll look good in there resume.
Must be a cool person, (how do ya know your cool? if your cool you'll already know your cool, that's the advantage of being cool)
NO EGO's!!!! (Ego its a dirty word, ego!, ego!) (yes I know lame sky hooks parody)
---------------------------

Salary..... historically for new employees is anywhere from around $75kAUD to $90kAUD
maybe more if ya real good or less if ya real crap.
Relocation package to cover air fairs accom (to settle in) etc

-----------------------------

Things to note:
Company will sponsor you a permanent 5 year working visa, without a sponsored visa you could only work here for 1 year unless of cos you could get an ancestral visa.
Interested in people coming over for several + years, not just after a 6 to 18 month holiday.
When doing conversions of wages to see if its enough for you, be sure to factor in the top tax rate here is only 40% and starts at (I think, don't quote me, do research ya self) around $93kAUD, so you'll be paying *a lot* less (think its around 36% again don't quote me) tax then you would in Australia
UK is more expensive in general then OZ but this (good) area is no more expensive then Sydney.
-------------------------------------

Cons
Long hours, 8:30am till 6pm.

You'll have to listen to my lame jokes all day and laugh with me pretending they are actually funny and never letting on that your actually pretending.

In winter sun doesn't come up till your already inside at work, and sun is down at 4pm so when ya leave work its dark, so the whole of winter the only time you'll see the sun is midday on weekends when it'll most likely be cloudy and raining and unable to see the sun.

Lots of rain.

Dress code is Smart Dress

---------------------------------
Pros
To counter the long hours if you are feeling drained you can go to the games room and play a quick game of table tennis to refresh.

work from home 1 day a week (concord is no longer in service so Australia and back in 24 hours would be hard unless it was the Friday you chose to work from home).

We have a restaurant like Google.

we have an Adobe certified trainer come in and run training each month,

we have the local CFUG on our premises.

You'll get to work on my team, oh.... unless this new person is actually going to replace me.... hmmm I never thought of that one....hmmm

Company is in a nice little *posh* town, (if posh ain't ya thing there is other non posh towns to live in)

Good IR Laws, eg. 5 days straight sick before ya need a Dr's certificate (I believe this doesn't get exploited due to lack of good Beaches and BBQ skills), 1 months notice-both ways (instead of 1 week in first year then 2 weeks then.... 4 weeks after an eternity).

Very diverse range of countries people are from, so a topic is always easy to find in social situations.

Friday drinks after work, social atmosphere

blah blah blah
----------------------------------

Apologies for the long off topic post.
if anyone is interested or has any questions shoot us an email.
if I don't get many responses I'll ask for ya resume, if I get a lot of responses I'll do a more professional post to cfjobs.

Job process will go like this (if successful)
1. Resume is reviewed by us.
2. Phone interview.
3. Salary Offer.
4. your on a plane.

M@
who likes other Aussies here so they can speak in Australian and no1 can understand a word they are saying.

PS: The company has no specified number of people its after, so maybe if your not going to apply because ya favourite dev will be left behind, tell him/her to apply as well.
If you contact me please do it casually, I'm not knighted and on last check I wasn't a madam :-P

--
Regards,
Scott Barnes