Funny I saw the same thing on my local machine yesterday after
patching it. Rebooted, hit start on the service and got that (or a
similar) message - however when I check a few minutes later the
service was running so I thought nothing of it.

Just checking again now - restarting on my local machine... got "Error
1053: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a
timely fashion.", when stopping the service, but it started without
any problems.

Mark

--
Mark Stanton