From: cfaussie@googlegroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf
Of Robin Hilliard
Sent: Thursday, 17 August 2006 9:36 PM
To: cfaussie@googlegroups.com
Subject: [cfaussie] Re: Fullasagoog a waste of time.

On 17/08/2006, at 6:27 PM, Dale Fraser wrote:

>>> Don't agree either, all the blogs I used to subscribe to had
>>> Coldfusion
> Categories and I just subscribed to them.

That's because you're a human (or so I've been lead to believe by
reliable witnesses ;-) not a cfml page.  There is no international
standard for the contents of the <dc:subject> tag in an rss feed that
identifies Coldfusion related posts.

If you want to compose a list of the names of ColdFusion post
categories across the few hundred or so blogs the Goog aggregates
(and keep it updated) and perhaps use it to write a little filter
function that automatically identifies Coldfusion related blog posts
for the CF blend I'm sure Geoff would be most appreciative.  Perhaps
you wouldn't need the subject list - here's an exercise for community-
minded cfaussiers with some time on their hands:

Q U E S T I O N:

"What is a reliable, reasonably computationally inexpensive way to
identify a ColdFusion related blog post?  Your entry must be a CFML
UDF that, passed an <item>...</item> as a string from this URL:

        http://www.fullasagoog.com/xml/fullasagoog50.xml

Will return a boolean true if the item would be of interest to Dale.
Here is an example:

        <cffunction returntype="boolean" name="isColdFusionPost">
                <cfargument type="string" name="item" required="true">
                <return item contains "forta">
        </cffunction>

Entries to be submitted by end of August.  We will then take a sample
from the above url, run your functions over the list of items and at
the same time Dale can submit his own list of relevant articles.  We
will put the lists up and the entry that gets closest to Dale's list
(i.e is most indistinguishable from a human's selection) wins.  In
memory of Alan Turing I think we simply have to christen this
competition:

"THE FRAZER TEST"

RocketBoots will send a ColdFusion book of the winners choosing to
the winner.  Should be fun...