Thats my point,

You develop in ColdFusion for free but when it comes time to sell your
application it costs money to do that. Where as MS does it the other
way around. Most big applications that we build are internal so hosting
isn't an issue, but the server licence is. Don't get me wrong I would
LOVE to continue programming in CF. But its all drivin by costing.

Oh and you can have a free version of .NET its scaled down but it does
work.

Jeremy.