Thanx Rod

well, bugger me, it worked!

<cfquery name="qry" datasource="FOUREX">
SELECT     SCHED.StartDateTime, SCHED.EndDateTime, SCHED.Quiz_ID,
INST.AbsoluteSerialNum
FROM         evaluationsQuizDev.dbo.tbl_Quiz_Schedule AS SCHED INNER JOIN
                      tbl_InstrumentReleased AS INST ON
INST.OnlineQuizID = SCHED.Quiz_ID
</cfquery>

<cfdump var="#qry#" expand="false">

I suppose it'd crash'n'burn if the username/password was changed per
database, not just logon to the db server...yes?

thanx again