Hi Dale,

you wrote:
> I just want plain old text chat, like ICQ, MSN.
>
> Users see via a website that someone in a skype group is online, type text
> into the webpage and it routes it to someone online.
>
> That someone receives it via skype as text chat. Kind of like Liveperson.
>
> I had a look at the API and think it's possible, but I don't want to have
> reinvent the wheel, I'm thinking someone might have done this already.

We have gone part-way there using Rick Root's AJAX Chat app:

http://www.opensourcecf.com/cfopenchat/

It works well as a chat app, it is still in beta but is almost there, we
use it on BD6.2 to test it out, just in-house, no probs at all.

After comes the Skype API, ummmmm, still working on that............

Kym K
being not very helpful.....