Forms that have been happily working for ages on my sites,  and work
fine on my Dev site are suddenly broken on my production sites.    Can
anyone shed any light on what has caused this please?

The error message is:

[quote]
javax.xml.transform.TransformerConfigurationException:
javax.xml.transform.TransformerException:
org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: The string "--" is not permitted within
comments.
A [Transformer] object cannot be created that satisfies the
configuration requested. This could be due to a failure in compiling
the [XSL] text. javax.xml.transform.TransformerConfigurationException:
javax.xml.transform.TransformerException:
org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: The string "--" is not permitted within
comments.
[/quote]

I have gone through the cfml and removed any comments in the CFFORM
code and it doesnt make the error go away.

Where do i look for what's causing this error?

The forms are CFFORMS format=XML

Mike Kear
Windsor, NSW, Australia
AFP Webworks
http://afpwebworks.com
ColdFusion, PHP, ASP, ASP.NET hosting from AUD$15/month