On 10/9/06, Haikal Saadh <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> In our experience, SQL "Like"s will lead to server meltdown, soon to be
> followed by forceful  ejection from the building, by angry server
> admins, through the nearest closed window.

I agree although Carl didn't say if this was for testing or used in
conjuction with a query on another index.

> A better option would be SQL Server's built in full text indexing
> capabilities:
> http://www.developer.com/db/article.php/3446891 for an overview

That would be fine except if this is a typical example of the type of
an arbitary 2 character substring search, the effort of full text
indexing the CustomerID for a 2 character sub-field search would be of
little value.

Chris
--
Chris Velevitch
Manager - Sydney Flash Platform Developers Group