Chris, did this response make sense for your situation?

/charlie
http://www.carehart.org/blog/

-----Original Message-----
From: cfaussie@googlegroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf
Of Charlie Arehart
Sent: Tuesday, October 10, 2006 11:56 AM
To: cfaussie@googlegroups.com
Subject: [cfaussie] Re: CFC Explorer and Application.cfm

I would guess "no". The CFC explorer is a CFML app running under the CF
Admin directory, and it simply invokes your CFC. If you're expecting code to
have run before the CFC is invoked, it will not have run it. This is perhaps
one of the reasons that there's a recommendation (best practice) against
referring to variables defined outside the CFC. The argument goes that
anything a CFC needs should be passed to it.

Further, since the CFC explorer just looks at method names and signatures
(inputs, outputs, properties), it would seem that you're using variables for
those. Again, while it may work at run-time, and you may even have reasons
to shrug off the recommendations, the simple fact is that since those won't
be passed in by the CFC explorer, you just won't be able to explore that CFC
using that tool.

If anyone has more specific experience or knowledge, I'd appreciate hearing
it as much as Chris. I didn't set up any test to confirm all this. Just
going with my gut reaction.

/charlie
http://www.carehart.org/blog/