From: cfaussie@googlegroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf
Of Mike Kear
Sent: Wednesday, 18 October 2006 16:54 PM
To: cfaussie@googlegroups.com
Subject: [cfaussie] Two or more sites using the same code base

I have a client who wants to have two (or perhaps more in the future)
look-and-feel for his site.  Customers coming in through domain name
[A.com.au] will see one thing, and customers coming through [B.com.au]
will see the same content, but looking different.

My hosting setup can handle multiple domain names accessing the same
code, so that part isnt a problem.

I can handle all the differences in look-and-feel with different CSS
Style sheets, but what's the best way to make sure that as the users
move around the site they're always presented with the correct look
and feel?     I was going to set a session variable for each user as
they arrive at the site, based on cgi.http_referer  but that's not
100% reliable.

Does anyone know of a better way to [A] identify which site this user
sees (i.e. more reliable than cgi.http_referer) , and [B] to ensure
they always see the right version?

Mike Kear
Windsor, NSW, Australia
AFP Webworks
http://afpwebworks.com
ColdFusion, PHP, ASP, ASP.NET hosting from AUD$15/month