FCKEditor is free and better than activedit.

On Mon Nov 27 19:28 , 'ACTCFUG' <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>sent:

I have recently opted to release the source code for www.actcfug.com to
the community - as a fast track to a fully functional User Group web
site that is not written in PHP. Written using Fusebox it is quite
powerful and includes roles based security.

Unfortunately for me I mainly use a product called "ActiveEdit"
(version 4.x) - a fine rich text editor that works amazingly well with
ColdFusion, eg:

width="800" height="450" upload="1" breakonenter="true"
alloweditsource="yes" buttoncolor="cdcdcd" image="true"
toolbar="cut,copy,paste,|,redo,undo,|,outdent,indent,|,justifyleft,justifycenter,justifyright,bullets,numbers,|,table,image,hyperlink,||,find,help,specialchars,|,quickformat,bold,italic,underline,showdetails,hr"
tabview="yes" imagepath="#Request.ActiveEditImagePath#"
imageurl="#Request.ActiveEditImageURL#"
baseurl="#Request.ApplicationURL#"
stylesheet="#Request.ApplicationURL#/style.css"
appletlicense="#Request.ActiveEditLicence#">

Of course I am not at liberty to distribute ActivEdit so any
suggestions for a similar open source alternative would be welcome.
Also the image upload facility recently broke for no reason - argh.

Note that the version would need to be re-distributed under a similar
open source arrangement so I would more than likely require the
developers permission to include it.

It would seem farcical to return to a straight TEXTAREA control but am
willing to do that if an alternative is not available. the
ColdUserGroup code at this stage requires at least ColdFusion 7.x (as I
use Flash forms a bit) but that could be adjusted. It will at least
require Microsoft SQL Server 2000+, I will consider an "Access" version
but no serious developer would contemplate that surely.

However www.actcfug.com and its code base could be better. Written
quickly but functional I would like to see it evolve, say more use of
CFC's, better support for member content submission. The official site
will be listed at www.riaforge.com and I encourage all CF developers to
contribute. Some bits, like the Google Calendar (cool) will be stripped
out but placeholder text included for users to add their own
functionality.

Flex 2 support is an obvious choice but I have found documentation for
Flex 2/CF severely lacking so far - especially in a hosted environment
- and feel my Flex 2 skills aren't quite ready for that yet. An
O'Reilly book is on the way - next year....

I also use Flash forms a bit - but good XML forms are a viable
alternative until their performance is on par with Flex 2.

Kind regards,

PT

Msg sent via @Mail v4 - http://atmail.com/