I saw that tech note Charlie.   It says in effect that you can't have
an onRequestEnd.cfm file that affects the FCKEditor.

That's a problem is the editor is included in a page that requires
OnRequestEnd for other reasons.

Also what if you use Application.cfc?  That doesnt really work ok with
several Applicaton.cfc files around the site if you want them to work
together.  In nearly all my sites i have a onRequestEnd method in use.
  I guess that implies that I can't use the file browser anywhere?

Cheers
Mike Kear
Windsor, NSW, Australia
AFP Webworks
http://afpwebworks.com
ColdFusion, PHP, ASP, ASP.NET hosting from AUD$15/month