I agree and disagree :)

- I agree the CF community should be grown further and you may ask
"hang on doesn't that throw into the face of ASP.NET" to which I say
yes, but at the same time it has potential to grow the Windows 2003
Server + MSSQL + IIS market some more.

- I disagree there should be a blanket zero tolerance on .NET overall,
as to be openly honest I've had to deal with a lot of .NET integration
with Coldfusion in the past (mainly through COM Objects / CFX Tags or
SOAP) - painful. Now that Coldfusion 8 is pushing the integration,
maybe we can lift the lid on a few things that compliment the
developer out there instead of annoy. There was a reason for Adobe to
put .NET into CFCOMPONENT tag.

- When I posted my previous thread about Microsoft Love, I got an
alarming number of offline users emailing me that they were curious to
expand further into ASP.NET for a number of reasons. Firstly,
understanding the beast, Secondly to up skill their resume some more
and Thirdly, they've reached a peek with Coldfusion and are looking to
jump ship.

Now like it or lump it that's the truth of the matter and while at
heart Coldfusion is a great language (I'm still fighting my own
internal battles with ASP.NET as frankly, I still refer to Coldfusion
as being easier to mould into place) the job market is overwhelming
for the ASP.NET guy out there. People have bills to pay so if some CF
developers want to expand further, I'll help them - something I've
done in the past pre-Microsoft as who am I to judge what is right and
wrong.

- You're underestimating the collective intelligence of everyone here,
as Microsoft means many things to many people, not just ASP.NET. The
link I posted was more focused on interop then migration, but having
said that there is migration path should someone *CHOOSE* to want it.
CFAUSSIE isn't an Adobe run mailing list its been around many years
and we've had all walks of life and flavoured posts to it some have
been relevant other times its been utter crap. What your doing now is
blatantly obvious in that "its either 100% adobe or go away" which
you'll find people generally aren't subscribing to (unless you have
strong affiliation with Adobe, such as CFUG, or consultancy etc).

- ASP.NET lists, you know I actually don't belong to any as yet. I've
been meaning to so I really can't speak on their behalf. Suffice to
say, have you tried this approach yet? or are you more inclined to sit
back and assume it will be the way things will pan out. You won't know
until you try so, you're a CFUG guy, give it a whirl and let us all
know on how it goes.

I've stated all along and I'll state it again, if you have a
presentation that compliments Microsoft products (keep in mind our
entire product range is quite extensive) then let me know and i"ll
nominate you for a session at this years TechEd 07 (MSFT's version of
WebDU I guess).

In closing, Microsoft has a lot of products on offer and I represent a
lot of them so its too dangerous of me to focus on being a pure
ASP.NET marketer as thats not relevant to even the ASP.NET developers
themselves. The best I can do is offer up potential solution pieces
and its your call on how you can string them together.

You need to move past this Microsoft is up to no good angle, as its
getting silly.

--
Regards,
Scott Barnes