I think its fair to say that unless there are very special circumstances,
such as Ray Camden's case where he is doing it with Adobe's agreement (and
presumably assistance), it would be lunacy for a hosting company to use an
unreleased version of ColdFusion, even supposing they had a copy that they
could use.

If anything went wrong with the installation there would be no support.  If
a site owner used a 'feature' that's in the unreleased version, then when
the real version is delivered that feature hasnt been included for any
reason there will be big trouble.

Anyway, by definition, a beta version is not fully tested.   There are
assumed to be bugs in it.  Thats why there is a test going on!  Any hosting
company that puts system software on production machines that hasnt been
fully tested is just asking for trouble.

And if it's not released,  and if it's not installed under a special licence
of the kind that I suppose Ray Camden has, then it's illegal software.

So except for two or three exceptions, any hosting company claiming to have
CF8 installed is simply wrong.  They dont, not legally anyway.

Cheers
Mike Kear
Windsor, NSW, Australia
AFP Webworks
http://afpwebworks.com
ColdFusion, PHP, ASP, ASP.NET hosting from AUD$15/month