From: cfaussie@googlegroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf
Of Dale Fraser
Sent: Thursday, 8 March 2007 8:44 PM
To: cfaussie@googlegroups.com
Subject: [cfaussie] Re: application.cfc and currentTemplatePath

Andrew,

That method is prone to errors if your site has multiple directories and
users book mark directories, rare but if

1.      The application restarts (server or cf)
2.      The next user that logs in does so from a directory bookmark

Since applications don't move generally

<cfset Application.AppPath = ExpandPath('C:\AppPath\') />

In onApplicationStart is safer and fail safe. If you don't like hard coding
and you have some standard naming of directories you can go with something
like

<cfset Application.AppPath = ExpandPath('\BaseAppPath\#application.name#\')
/>

Regards
Dale Fraser

 <http://dale.fraser.id.au/blog/> http://dale.fraser.id.au/blog/