Hi Claude

If you want quick and nasty without a second query you could try

select
   tt.*, tcost.total
from
    transaction_table tt,
    (
       select sum(cost)
       from transaction_table
       where transaction_month = 'December' /* Same as like with no % */
   ) as tcost
where
    transaction_month = 'December'

This will do a cartesian join on the single row in the subquery (treated as
a veiw so only called once) and the results so each row will have the total
cost. The other way would be a second query that gets the total cost
(basically the same as what I've done)

Shane