Sorry button got clicked!! Stoopid computer...let me try that script
again...

private function CostCal():void{
   var a:int = Number(form1.text.replace(/,/g,''));
   var b:int = Number(form2.text.replace(/,/g,''));
   var c:int = Number(form3.text.replace(/,/g,''));

  //Calculation
  var i:int = Number(a*(b+c));
  var h:int = Number(365);
  var g:int = Number(i/h);
 form4.text = NumberFormatter.format(g);
}

So what this is basically doing is adding the fields then displaying
in another field. I have used int/number just to make sure its a
numeric value. It doesn't make a difference if I change that. Also I
got it so it adds but when I try to divide or anything else it freaks!
i.e. no calculation.

IS there anywhere that someone can point me to doing calculations in
actionscript...cause what I have found on the internet is limited. I
might have to bail on flex and go back to javascript and HTML...

Any advise would be good.

Thanks.
Jeremy