On 3/14/07, Darren Tracey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Mar 13, 7:58 pm, "Scott Barnes" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > I think you're suffering from too much sceptism and the only valid
> > reason I can think of that would potentially be irrelevant to hosting
> > within Microsoft is that can't be assed moving the meetings or that
> > you're comfortable with the current place (either is perfectly valid
> > and aok).
>
> Thats two points Scott.
> 1. Scepticism. I've never claimed not to be a sceptic. Is it too much,
> or am I just being cautious? Its not a descision that only effects me,
> so I'll always err on the side of caution.
> 2. Reasons for moving. You gave two actually. As I explained before,
> at this point, we couldn't be bothered moving, because there just
> isn't enough reason to do it that benefits the User Group, beyond it
> just being a novelty, and secondly, we are comfortable where we are.
> And as you said, they are valid and OK reasons.

Don't make me slap you...

Yeah look, offer was made should you *need* it because of broadband
issues etc. If you don't want it that's cool, offer is thee is all.
*My expense reports thank you though*.

Yet, to say you "can't do it" because of this Adobe vs Microsoft crap
just irritates me as being ignorant ass response.

> > I remember at the Flash Platform User Group you walked up and said
> > "Adobe are coming here so if you need to leave let me know"...
> > Seriously dude, you need to move past this Adobe vs Microsoft crap
> > that you're somehow subscribing too as my metric within Microsoft is
> > anything that touches a browser and pieces that support it.
>
> Scott, that quote has been taken grossly out of context, and you know
> it. It was said as a joke, with a huge grin on my face, in relation to
> other peoples attitudes, that you knew I wasn't subscribing to. Don't
> start stooping to behaving like that or you'll be reinforcing the
> attitudes that you are trying to change.
> Microsoft is currently battling against its reputation for past
> behaviours. You've got to change those behaviours, and keep them
> changed, _without_exception_, before you can expect people to believe
> you've really changed.

Grossly? is that context to the context of the sentence? (heh)

I don't have to change diddly squat. Peoples perceptions of Microsoft
are varied depending on whom they are and the way the behave. I see a
lot of people denouncing the Microsoft brand online, yet face to face
they change their posture - which just confuses the crap out of me I
must say.

It's just a company, they have a stronger focus these days on
"solution delivery" and less on "flog that product" as to flog the
product is a short term win, it's long term wins we are after.

I must confess as well, the metrics i have are like "How many
developers have you spoken to in a year" answer: >500 .. congrats,
here's your bonus. I make zero bonus/kudos if you *actually* buy into
the products... i'm sure the sales team etc do but they have their own
ways of doing that and ninja diving into a CFUG isn't one of them :)

I've always called a spade a spade, if people irratate me - work be
damned, i'll just poke holes in their theories simply because I can't
suffer fools... It's probably the wrong attitude to have but overall
at least you know where I stand on an issue instead of half-assed
diplomacy ;)

--
Regards,
Scott Barnes