I have heard about some very attractive government Java contracts in
Canberra. A friend of mine comes from down that way and his dad works for a
government department (ex COBOL programmer now manager) and has forwarded
several on. Up to $95/hr isn't a bad days work on a 6 month contract. Jobs
like this (since I am currently employed as a J2EE developer) made moving to
the ACT for 6 months to a year very appealing.

If you can diversify your skill set you will become even more employable and
be able to stay home instead of wandering around looking for CF jobs. You
can always stay loyal to CF but if there are Java/dotnet contracts going,
you can still pay your bills. It's better than New Start that's for sure!

Shane