The Java 1.4 issue is not a problem cause when you run your code in
development you are still running under the CF jvm which should be
1.4anyway.  It doesn't matter what eclipse uses unless your creating
java
classes that you plan to compile under eclipse.  Even then you can compile
then with a different version of the jvm to the ide

Cheers,
Simon

On 29/03/07, Haikal Saadh <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Actually, 100% of java objects will have a toString(), as
> java.lang.Object has toString().
>
> Whether toString() does anything useful is an entirely different matter.
>
> Also bear in mind that primitives won't have toString(), which is why I
> asked if he was dealing with byte[] or a wrapper class.
>
> But then again, as I mentioned in my earlier email, it's a little moot
> for people using java 5, as it has autoboxing. CFers will still have to
> exercise caution, though, as JDK 1.4 does not have that feature.
>
> Andrew Scott wrote:
> > Duncan,
> >
> > LOL, should have thought of that because 98%+ of java objects all have
> the
> > toString(); so you could have done f.Content[1].toString();
> >

> > Andrew Scott
> > Senior Coldfusion Developer
> > Aegeon Pty. Ltd.
> > www.aegeon.com.au