Glad I can be of assistance.

The web service I am working on now at work processes millions of dollars
worth of transactions a month and it is all based on Java WSSE (very similar
to what CF uses). You shouldn't find any real problems with talking to it
through CF (as far as security goes). The only thing to look out for is if
they pass DataTables and things like that back through instead of standard
SOAP data types.

I guess the bottom line is your biggest worry would be dealing with a .net
web service's data types, not the security. From memory someone else on the
list had problems with .net DataTables.

Shane